• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed Up Slides?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it possible to double or triple the speed of a slide?  For example, if I had a project with 4 slides, I would like slides 2 and 3 to be double the speed of slides 1 and 4.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Captivate has only a few editing functionalities for Full Motion Recording: Trim, Split, Insert. Speeding up is not possible within Captivate.

Just a tip: do only use FMR when really necessary, the natural way of capture for Captivate is with static slides, editing is then a lot easier.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Really do need more information to be able to offer maybe an answer.

What do you mean by double up the speed? Are you talking about slides that were captured or about slides that you created with objects? In the first case, how did you capture: Automatic (where Captivate creates static slides and only reverts to Full Motion Recording when necessary) or in Full Motion Recording (like a video)?

If the slides are static: are the objects appearing all at the same time and do you only want the slide to be shorter, to have the transfer to next slide quicker, then you can just shorten its duration. Here I need to know which version you are using? If the objects are staggered on the timeline, you'll have to shorten each duration and recheck the synchronisation in case you have audio as well.

You see why I need more info?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes-- of course shortening the timeline for static screen shots will make the slide finish faster!  I'm refering to FMR.  Can these be sped up natively in Captivate 5.5? There is no audio in these slides and thus synchronization is of no concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has only a few editing functionalities for Full Motion Recording: Trim, Split, Insert. Speeding up is not possible within Captivate.

Just a tip: do only use FMR when really necessary, the natural way of capture for Captivate is with static slides, editing is then a lot easier.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the correct answer with CP 2017?  I have a client who wants to speed up the slide.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really: I never use FMR slides anymore but replace them by Video Demo slides, because FMR will not work as expected in HTML output. Although you have more editing possibilities, my recommendation to use 'video' slides sparingly remains the same. This time because it is pretty cumbersome to interrupt a software simulation to insert a Video Demo slide, then continue recording the software simulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources