• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell Checker doesn't show you the Slide the Word was corrected from

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating.  Whilst the Spell Checker is great, why can't it work by also showing you the Slide or providing the Slide Number as to where the Spelling is wrong?

The main reason, is that my text has been placed in 'Bubbles' / Shapes and these do not expand by themselves.

Altering the spelling, especially if extra characters have been added by the Spell Checker, will 'over run' the size of the Bubbles and me having to hunt through the whole package to find where the Spell Checker has made changes.  I have hundreds of Slides to go through.

This should be an easy process - perhaps the Adobe Developers can add this Captivate.

Thanks

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is a good suggestion, you should file it as a feature request Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed the Feature Request form as you suggested and sent it off.  It's absolutely crazy that it doesn't do it, as this should be a standard feature.

Another feature I'd like is for Advanced Actions to be pre-programmed for things and work like a Drop and Drag facility from the Menu, depending on what you want for your elearning package ie Buttons Clicked to move to Next Page, Replay Video, and Drop and Drag too for quizzes.  Everyone uses these functions all the time, so they should be standardised - I feel like a programmer when I have to try and work out stuff - I have to revert giving it to my colleague sometimes as I just don't understand it (and I went on a 5 day course)!

I think the Storyline product has this feature of Ready Made Advanced Actions and makes 'programming' of these things so much efficient as it's all done for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again...by all means log any enhancement you think would help the product, but keep in mind that some things are not as easy to pull off in programming code as non-programmers might think.  What you think should be a 'standard feature' would be there by now if indeed it was something that thousands of users with a similar view were clamouring for.

I agree with you that the Advanced Actions functionality in Captivate is well overdue for a usability overhaul.  Being able to drag and drop actions onto buttons and other interactive objects would be a good enhancement.

However, while Storyline does have a larger selection of Events that can be used to trigger actions, I would personally NOT like the Adobe developers to replicate the way Storyline has implemented other aspects of its interactivity.  Captivate's Simple Actions, Advanced Actions, Conditional Actions and Shared Actions are far more powerful and flexible.  Try setting up a Standard or Conditional Action in Storyline that you then want to reuse on each and every slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, dragging shared actions from Library to Slide or interactive object works fine since they were released. It is my preferred method since I use external libraries mostly. For a slide, the On Enter event will be used, for an interactive object the Success event. What is not yet working is to object actions in D&D.

BTW I totally agree about providing a number of shared actions to every user, have been pleading for that since quite a while. I offered some on my blog. Reusability is where Captivate excels far above SL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah...I had forgotten about the fact that Shared Actions are listed in the Library (unlike Advanced Actions and Conditional Actions) and you can therefore drag and drop them.  Good pickup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used a similar idea with Droplets with other Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources