• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stage displays all slide assets anywhere playhead is located in Captivate 2019 timeline

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have possibly a simple question here, but where ever I place my placehead in the timeline (multiple assets on slides timed with the audio) all the assets are visible all the time. This makes it very difficult to edit.

I have been using Captivate 2019 for awhile now and just recently it started doing this. Is there a setting messed up somewhere? Totally confused. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2019 already.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are perhaps mistaken.  This is the default behaviour for Captivate, and has always been the same through all versions.  You simply may not have noticed the behaviour until you found it annoying.

If you don't want to see certain assets on the stage, all you need to do is click the small 'eye' icon on the object's timeline layer.  This makes that object invisible when editing but will still display the object at runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am having a Senior moment then... go figure. I have it in my mind that once I moved the playhead to a particular spot in the timeline, only the assets at that moment would show. 

Thanks for the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is an understandable assumption, and it IS in fact the way many other timeline-based apps work.  Adobe Flash (now Animate) and Adobe Premier work that way.

However, Captivate went in something of a different direction, perhaps because it was not originally an Adobe product but was purchased by a string of companies before landing in Adobe's stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources