Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start of the project in successive follow-ups

Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

In my Captivate project, I need a course, seen by a user, when it reaches the end of the closing slides and in a new follow up start from the beginning, the same user.

I have done several tests and combinations with the options of project completion combined with the actions of the last slide and I can not get it to start in other follow-ups with the same user.

Now what happens to me is that in successive follow-ups, the same user always starts in the last operative of the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an LMS (Learning Management System)?

Does your have an option to view the course content in a different 'mode' after the learner has successfully completed the course?  For example, some LMSs allow for a Read Only mode where the learner can view the content but no score is sent.

What version of SCORM are you publishing to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, indeed, we use Moodle.

I think that in our custom Moodle, there is no option to see the course in a different way after completing it.

We publish in SCORM 1.2

So far, what we do is program variables in Captivate and make the course start when it is complete, for other follow-ups. But this is messy and I want to get it automatically and not using Captivate variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was worried about the operation and I have not translated into English.

Now what is happening to me is that in each new tracking of the content, it starts on the last visited page. What I need is that it starts from the beginning, if the SCO has been completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off Resume Data Bookmarking then your course module will always begin from the first slide.  Have you tried that?

Also, make sure that Self-paced Learning is NOT selected in the Project > Skin Editor > TOC Settings.  That's another type of bookmarking that might be interfering with things.

For Moodle, you might also want to look into something called "Review Mode"  (not to be confused with Captivate's own Review Mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Moodle I have active "attempt management" = No. In this way the course always takes the start on the last slide of the course

When changing it to "attempt management" = Yes, the course always resets and starts from the first slide.

It would be partly solved, but now the problem is that if a user disconnects on an intermediate slide, when he enters again the project starts on the first slide. And you should connect at the point where you left the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry again.

You know what I could do to make the course remember the place of the course if the user makes a disconnection from an intermediate point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is that you DO want Resume Data Bookmarking to be ON, but then you want everything to reset once the user completes the course so that if they relaunch the same module again it will start at the first slide.  Is that correct?

Take a look at this thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10533725?et=watches.email.thread#10533725

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

That's.

So far we have achieved it, using a variable that we have created. What we do is, in the last slide of the course, we send it to the first slide and there the variable is set to = 1. In this way, if the variable is 1, we take it out of the course. And again we put the variable = 0 so that new traces allow you to see the course again.

As I said above, this is how our courses are working and they work correctly, but we wanted to stop using variables and get this with the preferences that Captivate has by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahora lo que me está sucediendo es que en cada nuevo seguimiento del contenido, comienza en la última página visitada. Lo que necesito es que comience desde el principio, si el SCO ha sido completado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources