• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Started captivate project on Mac; can I switch to PC and continue editing on PC?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started a project on Mac (Capitivate 2019). I now need to continue edeting and finish the project on a PC. The project will not open. Can I not switch platforms on the middle of a project? 

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can switch at any time. I have been working on projects on my PC, while someone else worked on a Mac and we switched depending on the type of task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I uploaded the Mac started project to OneDrive, and now I am trying to open it on my PC. I keep getting an error message the flie might alrady be open, might be currupted, or if the file was sent via email it could might have not been decoded correctly. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same rules do have to be respected. Never work on a file which is not on your system. Close the project on your Mac in the normal way. Download the project from OneDrive to your system (PC), then open it on the PC.

I use OneDrive as well, but some users have problems because it is after all a cloud-based storage. Moreover I have 3 systems, but all are Windows PCs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources