• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

State view disappearing in Properties Panal (2017)

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen this before?

The state view button disappears on some objects, but not all. I still see the various states for the object in the advanced actions I created to change them, and they still work when I test.

The only way I can edit the states is if I restart Captivate and clear cache before opening the project. 

I've applied the update and still have the issue.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had this happen, but I am using the Expert UI, and have the State panel always available in my normal workspace.

Can you activate that panel from the Window menu or with the shortcut SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-P?

If it continues to happen, would clear the Preferences. Do you have Administrator rights? If yes, look for the subfolder 'utils' in nthe installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS. Captivate has to be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I should have mentioned that I did perform the steps you mention, which fixed it for a bit, just as restarting and clearing cache does. It is not a frequent occurrence, it has only happened a handful of times.

I actually I think it may be a bug. I've noticed it affects all instances of a single custom smart shape style (never ones set as buttons though) throughout the project. I create a lot of multi-state custom smart shapes, and although it happens to one style throughout, it is not always the SAME style throughout.

in other words, in the example above, I have 10 instances of multi-state smart objects all using the ReviewStateback style. When I lost the state view, i lost it on all 10. However, there was another instance that I lost the state view in the same project but all instance the ReviewStateback multi-states were fine, rather it affected 7 instances of another style, ImageStateback.

I was curious if this has happened to others enough to warrant a bug report. I appreciate your input however, and as a lurker on these boards, I know that you know your stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone starts as a 'lurker', nothing wrong with that.

Personally I never experienced this phenomenon at all and I do use both styles and multistate objects a lot.  Do you use a custom theme? You may know from my multiple posts about themes that they include theme color palette, object styles, master slides, skin and eventually Recording Defaults. Each shape style is created for both non-interactive and shape buttons, for the InBuilt states. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources