Highlighted

State View: Timing and Clicking

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This'll be my first discussion thread, so please bear with me.

I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 on MacBook Pro - is there a way to change the state of an object based on timing? For example, I am working on a project with slide video. There are bookmarks during the video that is linked to buttons, so people can jump to a topic. However, I want a certain button (first topic) to be in down state between 0:00-0:32, then next button (second topic) to be in down state between 0:33-4:34, third topic between 4:34-6:13, and on...while it is also interactive for people to click in order to jump to a topic. Makes sense?

Is this possible? I was unable to find a thread about this on the forums and I would love to gather some insights from the community. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

State View: Timing and Clicking

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This'll be my first discussion thread, so please bear with me.

I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 on MacBook Pro - is there a way to change the state of an object based on timing? For example, I am working on a project with slide video. There are bookmarks during the video that is linked to buttons, so people can jump to a topic. However, I want a certain button (first topic) to be in down state between 0:00-0:32, then next button (second topic) to be in down state between 0:33-4:34, third topic between 4:34-6:13, and on...while it is also interactive for people to click in order to jump to a topic. Makes sense?

Is this possible? I was unable to find a thread about this on the forums and I would love to gather some insights from the community. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure to understand your question really.  Are you talking about Interactive video?  There is a Delay Next actions by..... command but in an interactive video,  you can have overlay slides and the time spent on those overlay slides will make it difficult to time exactly something to happen.

As for states, you ahve to know that the Down state is an InBuilt state, which means it can only happen in a situation, in this case when the button is pressed. You can have a custom state which could  replace the Normal state which looks similar to the Down state. Here is an article I wrote about States and State commands:

About State Commands and a Progress Bar - Captivate blog

Can you please answer my question about the interactive video?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just found a solution that makes this post irrelevant. But yes it is an interactive video. Thank you for answering! It has been helpful either way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 0