• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Steps to Download Captivate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very new beginner on the capabilities of captivate. I purchased it recently. What are the steps to download it from the link that I received? Please be as simple and specific as possible since again I am a very new beginner on captivate and even computer capabilities so what steps you might assume more experienced technology savy individuals understand are not the norm for me.

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

To download from these locations, you must be logged into your Adobe Account. The easiest way to do this is to click this link and sign in if it doesn't sign you in automatically.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html?red=a

Keep this webpage open. (I know, it doesn't make sense but go with it)

There are three downloads you need for Adobe Captivate 2019. The main installation program, the eLearning assets, and the text to speech voices. First, click the main

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably tell us what kind of computer you have, Mac or PC. Some of the steps will be the same but some steps are different, most notably which files you download.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hewlett-Packard

HP ProBook 4535s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To download from these locations, you must be logged into your Adobe Account. The easiest way to do this is to click this link and sign in if it doesn't sign you in automatically.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html?red=a

Keep this webpage open. (I know, it doesn't make sense but go with it)

There are three downloads you need for Adobe Captivate 2019. The main installation program, the eLearning assets, and the text to speech voices. First, click the main download link... 

https://prodesigntools.com/trials3/AdobeProducts/CPTV/11/win64/Captivate_2019_x64_LS21.exe

A save as window should open and prompt you to download this file to wherever you last downloaded something, probably the Downloads folder which is fine. Click Save to begin the download to your computer. Once it begins, you can start the next download by clicking this link next.

https://prodesigntools.com/go/Cp2019_win_assets_installer

again you will see a Save as dialogue. You can save this file in the same location as the first. Repeat these steps for the third and final download:

https://prodesigntools.com/go/Cp2019_win64_voices_installer

Once you have downloaded to your computer all your files, you must double-click each file to run and install the applications necessary for Captivate 2019. Double-click them in the following order:

1. Captivate_2019_x64_LS21.exe
  2. Adobe_eLearning_Asset.exe
  3. Captivate_2019_x64_Neo_Content_LS21.exe

If you are prompted by the computer for anything, accept the defaults and click OK or Yes. Once you have everything installed, you can run Adobe Captivate by Clicking on your Start menu and look for Adobe Captivate 2019 (64 Bit). The first time you run it, it will prompt you to sign in with your Adobe ID, and either use the software as a 30 day trial or license it. Choose license and enter in the Activation Code / Serial number you received when you purchased it.

You are now ready to create Adobe Captivate projects. You can keep the downloads if you wish to reinstall the software without downloading it in the future, however, you could delete the download files if you are running short on hard drive space (hope not because Captivate can use a lot).

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right,this is how he should do but there is important thing you forget about.This type of computer possesses 4GB RAM while minimum specification for Adobe Captivate 2019 is 8GB RAM. This version of Captivate wont work in his machine unless he choose to install Captivate 2017 or any other older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I recently purchased a MAC computer. Would the steps be the same to download adobe captivate?

Could you please, do like before, give me the complete steps from beginning to end to downloadn adobe captivate for a MAC computer?

Thanks,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Where can we check checksum for the downloaded file, to verify the integrity of the file. I have downloaded all the files but having issue to extract and install.

Best regards

Azril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verifying checksums is not usually required.

After you download the files, the install is usually a two-step process.  You first need to extract the files.  Once this is done, you can trigger the actual install from the setup file found in the extracted folder of files.

Have you followed these steps?  What specific issue are you encountering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These links are producing a 404 error. - Chat support gave me a link but that download kept failing. Now, I'm stuck trying to install the "Free Trial" to attempt to use that with my account to get everything set up.. After YEARS of this product being available, why is there no easy way to download and install as there is with CreativeCloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. What is your hourly rate? Can you email me that along with your phone number (contact information) to LRPOPE2000@yahoo.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not put your personal email address on a forum.

Visit my website at https://CaptivateTeacher.com for all information about hiring me for consulting or teaching.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - I was on the Adobe downloads page but could not see a link for the Captivate exe.

I only saw links for the Assets and voices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources