Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STOP AUDIO FOR CLICKBOXES

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to figure out a way to utilize the clickboxes in Adobe Captivate. 

Currently I have all of those clickboxes *see image attached* as clickable boxes that show a text on screen while an audio plays at the same time. 

I would like to know if there is any way I can stop the audio of the other clickboxes when the uses clicks each one. 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you are triggering the audio to play.  Are you using the click boxes to play an audio clip by triggering the Play Audio action?  If so, then you can use the Stop Triggered Audio action to stop such audio. 

But since you want any audio triggered by other click boxes to stop first this means that you would need to trigger the Stop Triggered Audio action BEFORE then triggering the Play Audio action for the click box that just got clicked.  This then means you really need to trigger multiple actions from a single click event. 

The simplest way to do this is to create a separate Advanced Action for each Click Box.  There will be two action lines.  The first line is the Stop Triggered Audio action (to stop any audio currently playing) and then the second line is the Play Audio action to play the audio corresponsing to the Click Box now being clicked. 

If you had many such Click Boxes to set up I would suggest using Shared Actions but since you only have a few Click Boxes, I would say it's not worth worring about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use Play Audio in that case. Typical for audio clips started that way, is that they are automatically stopped when you start another clip with the same action Play Audio. There is no need to use Stop Triggered Audio, which also applies to audio started with Play audio command, but that is only necessary if you want to sop an audio clip independently.

I would recommend to have a shared action used for the click boxes. You didin't tell how you show the image, and I cannot see that on the screenshot: are they states in a multistate object or do you use a group with images and show one out of that group?

Adding to the images show or go to state command, you'll just have to add Play Audio. The audio will stop when another click box is clicked. 

You can find more info here:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/pausing-timeline-audio-clips/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources