• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Audio from Resuming on Slide Return

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel like this is probably something that's been asked before, but I want to check anyway.

Audio starts playing when hitting a slide. I want to click a button on that slide that takes me to another slide to view information. On the second slide, I want to be able to jump back to the original slide, but without the original audio starting over from the beginning.

Is there a way I can do this without creating basically a duplicate slide of the original that I can use as the "jump back to" slide, just without any audio? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Object Audio or Play Audio.

You need anyway a user variable, Boolean with a default value of 0, that will be toggled to 1 On Enter of the slide and will track the visits to the slide. I will label that variable v_visit.

You need an action On Enter that will first check the value of v_vist, then assigns the value of 1 to the variable:

IF v_visit is equal to 0

Play Audio

Assign v_visit with 1

Continue

ELSE

Continue

You don't need to have a slide duration equal to the length of the audio cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of audio, please? Are you talking about slide audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am. I have a .wav file that plays the length of the slide. I'd like to not have that audio play every time I go to that slide. Only the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm confused. There seem to be two different questions:

1. When returning to that slide you want audio that was not finished, to continue from where it was paused?
  2. When returning to that slide you don't want the audio to play.

For the second question, can you watch this movie?

FirstView

If it is the first question, you'll need to use micronavigation, but I'll wait first for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

When I get to the slide, the slide audio starts to play. If I navigate away from that slide and come back, I do NOT want the audio to play again. It's not an issue of the audio picking up where it left off. I just don't want it to start playing again when I come back to the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at that movie, please! There are two solutions: one is using Object audio and a conditional action On Enter for the slide. If you don't need CC you could try that one. The second solution is using a shared action SkipFrames that will skip over the audio. That means you need some frames left after the audio clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a look and report back. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I watched the video, but I didn't really get much from the first option for object audio. Can you explain a bit more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object Audio or Play Audio.

You need anyway a user variable, Boolean with a default value of 0, that will be toggled to 1 On Enter of the slide and will track the visits to the slide. I will label that variable v_visit.

You need an action On Enter that will first check the value of v_vist, then assigns the value of 1 to the variable:

IF v_visit is equal to 0

Play Audio

Assign v_visit with 1

Continue

ELSE

Continue

You don't need to have a slide duration equal to the length of the audio clip in this case, provded you have a pausing point on the slide. That pausing point will not stop audio triggered by the Play Audio command.

If you prefer to have object audio, you'll need an object that is not visible to the user (Alpha and stroke = 0) and attach the audio to that object. Replace Play Audio by 'Show object' and add 'Hide object to the ELSE part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I'll play with this and if it works I'll come back and mark your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources