• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

storing a content of a selected button and display in next slide

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a slide that involves a question and many options to choose one. 

Here is a screenshot:Screenshot (42).png

What I need to do is after the user chooses any of the buttons,  and when he goes to the next slide, I need to display the choose button there.  like this.

Screenshot (43).png

And I also want to able to change the design of the button in the next slide. I also 

I think it can be done by assigning three different advance action.  for e.g, advance action: selectApple

for apple button which make the var_apple_selected to true and by checking if that variable is true or  false we can show the apple button on the next slide.

But  in my real project there are twenty eight  buttons and this way seems be too lengthy. 

I think there must be something like storing the content of a button in a variable and in the next slide defining the content of the button is the stored content of the variable.

I tried but could not find any related like this. Has anyone done something like this ?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not tell which type of button you are using? This is important. For the old types (text button, image button, transparent button) the label on the button has to be typed in the Properties. If you use a shape button, you can use a variable as label because it can be entered in the shape. 

I don't really understand where those 28 buttons appear? Need more details. Your proposed workflow is much too complicated and I suspect you are so focussed on this workflow that you cannot think out of the box anymore. Do these need to be 'buttons'? What is the goal of these buttons? Example: if you offer a dropdown interaction to choose one of the three options, the choice can be storeed in a variable which you can use on the second slide as label for the button. You don't even need any advanced action in that example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri thank you! Okay! Now I want to say Card which I have previously said button because they are larger and contains more text. these cards are shape with Use as Button value in properties. I can not use it in the dropdown I think it with a little bit of user experience because the user will read the content of each card, comparing them and select one of them.  looks like this.

Screenshot (44).png

how to use the variable as text in these cards and how to show that clicked card's variable on the next slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want them to select only ONE of the cards, then immediately move on to the next slide?

You don't need the complete text on a button on the next slide? Only title?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the user can select only one card.  if the user try to select two cards the first one will be deselected.

No, I don't want to move immediately to the next slide right after clicking the card. The user has to click the next button for that.

I need the complete text that the card contains in the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both your requirements make if very complicated. Moreover you need to know that the number of characters which can be stored in a variable is limited... Text cannot be styled neither when in a variable. Is there really no other workflow possible? Even if you work with variables, what will show up on the next slide will never be styled in following slides as it is on the cards slide. Good to know before you start and then conclude that this is not what you wished. Do not want to spoil your an my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources