Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storyboard for Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created an e-learning module within Captivate 2019.

This module has a number of Click and Reveals, which have been created using different states.

I also have the script of the storyboard incorporated into the slide notes. 

I would like to share the storyboard with my colleagues who have no access to Captivate, complete with the different states, so my colleagues can see what is under the click and reveal.

I have tried printing to word, using both the storyboard and the lesson handout plans, however, the different states are not revealed in this format.

Is there a way to export the contents of Captivate to a program like Word, which also shows the contents of all the different states for the different objects in Captivate?

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am sorry. There is no way to export the different states, the Word templates have never been updated since the appearance of multistate objects. Would it not be better to publish the course, upload it to a webserver and send the URL to your colleaguse? Or will they be prepared to install the Reviewer application to see the course as if they had Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, they would like something they can comment on, and just wanted to check there wasn't a quick and easy way to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reviewer is the best way, but many hesitate to install that AIR application. Comments made in Reviewer by your colleagues end up in your copy, easy to cope with. But remember my colleagues, had to instal the Reviewer on each system myself....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal handout documents that you have already tried won't give you every bit of text that appears in the module.  However, there is another export option which is normally used for localisation/translation which would get you closer to your goal.  You find it under File > Export > Project captions and Closed Captions.

This creates an MS Word document made up of a huge table with several columns, one of which is meant to be translated.

Please Note:  I am NOT recommending you send one of these documents to your colleagues as a way for them to see your project.  It's NOT a pretty document and for the uninitiated it would be almost impossible to understand.  I am only mentioning this option because you asked the question whether or not there was a way to export the entire contents of a Captivate module and all text objects to MS Word.  The answer is yes, but it still won't be what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is for reviewers to offer feedback on your project, why don't you try using the Adobe Captivate Reviewer app?  That's what it is supposed to do.  It ships with Captivate 2019, just as it did with several previous versions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/using-air-review-application.html

Be aware there's quite a bit of setup required, it requires you to publish to SWF, and it requires your end users to allow Flash.  But since that's what you would have been doing anyway if you were publishing a multimedia PDF perhaps this might fulfil your requirements for at least a short while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources