• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storyline is to Articulate Rise as Captivate is to ______________??

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storyline can connect to Articulate's web-authoring tool "Rise" which allows multiple sources of information to live inside one interactive course page. Does Captivate have this capability with a web-authoring tool?

I'm blown away at how cool Articulate Rise is, and Storyline files (along with a bunch of other file types) can be dragged and dropped into a single page, allowing the learner to really explore a topic without having to click through constantly. Does Captivate have the ability to connect with a tool like this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's a comparable Captivate feature. I'm not terribly familiar with Rise but do like the way it blends a web design tool (similar to Adobe Muse, somewhat) and the ability to easily add a variety of interactive elements, including storyline files. Where Captivate seems to have a superior approach to Responsive Design and Accessibility (and I'm not a fan of web-only tools - if my net connection goes out, my productivity is zero)...this sort of approach is something Adobe should consider (i.e. enhancing Dreamweaver or Muse to enable this sort of simple interactive build.

For now CP definitely seems to be more restricted to the 'page' model. You certainly could design a very long page - set your canvas size appropriately and use the Responsive Design features to arrange screen elements to make best use of that stage, but it doesn't seem like it would be as...simple as Rise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like Rise and Articulate is really spending time enhancing it. It has a place in my tool set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources