Highlighted

Stupid Question - Downloading Captivate to New Device - Where is it?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have had an active (and paid up) Captivate account since 2016.  I got a new computer and see that my subscription is current, but can't find an option to downloaad Captivate to my new device.  Any suggestions?  I see all of my creative cloud stuff but no Captivate... strange...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stupid Question - Downloading Captivate to New Device - Where is it?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have had an active (and paid up) Captivate account since 2016.  I got a new computer and see that my subscription is current, but can't find an option to downloaad Captivate to my new device.  Any suggestions?  I see all of my creative cloud stuff but no Captivate... strange...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has never been part of the Creative Cloud app family.  Getting hold of a download file for a recent older version is usually still possible, but be warned that making sure it is compatible with your current Operating System is super important.

Which version of Captivate were you using on your old computer?  If you have a subscription, does this mean you were on Captivate 2019?  If so, you should be able to just download the current Trial version of Captivate 2019 and make sure you are logged in with your subscription Adobe ID.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention which version you were using, nor if it is a susbcription or perpetual license.

Adobe policy has changed since a while. You will only be able to download the two most recent versions, which means 10.0.1.299 fro CP2017 or 11.5.1.499 for CP2019. There is NO easy way anymore to download older versions. If you have a version older than CP2017 you will need to contact Adobe directly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and was asked to download the trial version even though I have a subscription.

Then it kept asking for a serial number which there isnt one.

Then I had to get an Adobe rep on chat to figure out what was going wrong-  30 minutes and some directory renaming later they got it working. Not as easy as it should be. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0