• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit button - change state and / or behaviour?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I'd like to add a "visited" state on my submit button. How can I do that?

If I cannot add this state, how can I make the button disappear one the user has clicked?

What is happening now is that when my user clicks, she/he get a feedback (right or wrong). When she/he clicks on submit again, the feedback disappears. This is wrong behaviour to me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Drag the pausing point as clos as possible to the end of the quiz slide or change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide'.

If you insist on having that button disappear after the second step you'll have to use a workaround. It is impossible to have a visited state to the quiz buttons. You can make them 'invisible' by changing the Alpha for the Fill to 0 and the stroke to 0 for the Normal state?. Create an image looking like the Normal state (you can keep the two other Inbuilt States) and put it over th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Submit button please? There is a Submit button for a Text Entry Box, for Quiz slides of all types and for the Drag&Drop slide. Or you can create a custom Submit button for other purposes.

In most of those cases, the Submit buttons are 'embedded', which means they are linked with some programming behind the scenes and you'll not have the same control as over custom buttons. Example: on quiz slides it is impossible to use shape buttons. The buttons have no individual timeline, no individual ID, they cannot be addressed by any action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you described the behaviour you would like to create so we can guide you on how to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers.

I am talking about the submit slide on a match quiz slide.

Once the user has clicked on the submit button, I want it to disappear.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly one of those embedded objects, no control.

However, the default behavior of any quiz slide is that the Submit button disappears when the answer is correct or the attempts on question level are exhausted. What are the settings for this quiz slide?

This is the two-step Submit process:

• Learner clicks Submit button: the feedback message appears (or the Retry in case of multiple attempts) which includes the warning to click on the slide or to press Y. Playhead remains paused.
  • Learner clicks on the slide and the playhead is released. The actions defined for Success or Last Attempt are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you change both actions to No Action?

wrote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your goal by changing the actions On Success and Last Attempt to 'No Action'? That means that after the second step of the Submit process, the learner is blocked on the slide. Default action was 'Continue', but you could change that to another action that has to include navigation away from the quiz slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed back to "continue" and the submit button is still not disappearing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the pausing point as clos as possible to the end of the quiz slide or change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide'.

If you insist on having that button disappear after the second step you'll have to use a workaround. It is impossible to have a visited state to the quiz buttons. You can make them 'invisible' by changing the Alpha for the Fill to 0 and the stroke to 0 for the Normal state?. Create an image looking like the Normal state (you can keep the two other Inbuilt States) and put it over the now invisible Submit button, but make its timeline end at the pausing point of the quiz slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that works!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources