Highlighted

Submit button - has a down state (like a resized version) even when i remove it from the state view

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to remove the down status of Submit buttons that is created automatically. While i have removed the rollover and down status of the button in status view. Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You mean the shrinking which mimicks the effect of pressing a button. That is the same for all buttons, but it is much less than shrinking to 90%. You can put a rectangular shape behind the button with the same color and the same size as the Transparent button. You'll not see the shrinking of the button, but still a little bit for the label. I don't know why a minority of developers find this disturbint, it is 'pressing' the button. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Submit button - has a down state (like a resized version) even when i remove it from the state view

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to remove the down status of Submit buttons that is created automatically. While i have removed the rollover and down status of the button in status view. Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You mean the shrinking which mimicks the effect of pressing a button. That is the same for all buttons, but it is much less than shrinking to 90%. You can put a rectangular shape behind the button with the same color and the same size as the Transparent button. You'll not see the shrinking of the button, but still a little bit for the label. I don't know why a minority of developers find this disturbint, it is 'pressing' the button. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of button do you talk about, in which version of Captivate on which OS?.

Here is an overview of the button types:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mam,

It is the default quiz (submit) button, where the caption is given along the properties panel only. - Old Button types

Have attached the screenshot below for reference. I have removed the Rollover & Down States. But when clicked on the button, it gets resized automatically to 90% (approximately), which was not intended.
Submit_Button_Properties.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to use a click box over the top of things to avoid the button press look.

I, too, dislike this effect as a forced thing especially when you delete the extra states and the general effect remains.

I use lots of shapes to serve as buttons but when they represent something other than a true button - I don't want them to look like they are "being pressed".

An example might be like when I create a light switch, I just want it to look like it is flipping up and down without it looking like it is being pressed because that is just plain dopey for a light switch. It is a fine effect as far as it goes but don't force it on the developer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log a feature request (as I did multiple times) to give the opportunity to turn off the shrinkage. Workflow with a (outdated) click box is totally irrelevant for the use case in this thread because click boxes cannot be added to quiz slides.

There are more limitations with click boxes, reason why I suspect that object to disappear in future versions:

• cannot be used on quiz slides, score slide, master slides
  • cannot be used timed for the rest of the project
  • you need to shorten the timeline in order to move the pausing point
  • first time you insert it you need to turn off all the messages, which cannot be done elsewhere;  lucky me because Captivate will remember my aversion for those messages and later inserted click boxes leave them out; cannot be set globally however
  • has no object style
  • it cannot be used in a normal fluid box

There is no need to delete Rollover and Down states, make them identical to the Normal state. The only reason I will delete those states is for toggle buttons and shared actions because 'Go to Next State' is easier than having to indicate the state.

The workaround I offered here is the most simple one, it can be extended so that you don't see the shrinkage at all and the editing can be included in an object style. You can use it on master slides as well. The simple workflow is only for non-responsive projects, but have a workaround for fluid boxes projects as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I sure hope they don't remove the click box object - that is an oft used component in many of my projects. I have a hard time imagining that many people appreciate having functionality taken away from them. I know I don't.

I am guessing, like many others, that I only use a portion of Captivate's many features although, for me, I am perhaps in a minority group based on the ones I don't make use of.

Personally - I don't make use of themes, responsive projects, master slides, or even quiz slides very often - in fact, I don't even make use of the timeline. Every object pretty much keeps the default 3 seconds - I make everything event driven so taking away one of the things I use to drive events would be bad news indeed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group