Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit button not working in pretest

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is my first post.  I'm creating a project in Captivate 2019.  I have a pretest, knowledge tests and a final quiz all in the same project.  If I select "submit all" on quiz perferences does that mean it applies to the pretest and knowldge quiz as well? 

During the pretest, if I do not answer and press Submit, I get the expected answer.  If I do answer and press Submit I get nothing and I have no way to advance the slide.  Also the "on exit" for the slide is grayed out.

Please help.

Dee in GA

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit All is only for Quiz slides.

Knowledge slides are different. They will not be in cluded in the total score,, they are have no quizzing system variables associated, they will be reset when you leave the KC slide. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

Pretest slides? I never use them, because they are really imposing so much limiations: they all have to be in sequence at the start of the project, you need to edit the advanced action to take decisions, all naviggation by playbar or TOC will be disabled. I wonder if it is not bumpiing onto the Quiz slides when you enable Submit all, which should allow free navigation throughout the quiz slides. Never tested that out, because I abandoned Pretst slide soon after they were release. Have written at least 25 blogs about Quizzing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  What do you use instead of pretest slides?  Now my pretest slides will only continue if the correct answer is selected.  If I select the wrong answer I get no response.  I elected not to use "Submit All" to get the pretest to work.  But it still doesn't.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends what you want to do with the result of the Pretest? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources