Highlighted

Submit buttons showing up...randomly.

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken over a project for a colleague of mine and when I preview it there are three random submit buttons that show up on various slides for no apparent reason.  There is no interaction on those slides (or any other slides for that matter) that require a submit button.  They only appear for about a second then disappear.  I was able to hide one behind an image but the other is stubbornly on top of the image and I can't move it - because there is nothing on the timeline.

Has anyone encountered this before?  If so - how did you remedy it?

Thanks!

Topics

Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Submit buttons showing up...randomly.

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken over a project for a colleague of mine and when I preview it there are three random submit buttons that show up on various slides for no apparent reason.  There is no interaction on those slides (or any other slides for that matter) that require a submit button.  They only appear for about a second then disappear.  I was able to hide one behind an image but the other is stubbornly on top of the image and I can't move it - because there is nothing on the timeline.

Has anyone encountered this before?  If so - how did you remedy it?

Thanks!

Topics

Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Master Slides.  That's where they may be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or look at the timing of Submit buttons on previous slides. They may be

set for the rest of the project, always on top.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked Master slides - no luck there.

Weirdest thing - when I duplicate the slide - the submit button appears - it didn't on the original slide.  When I see the submit button on the duplicated slide I can see that it has been locked - I am able to unlock and delete it.

So - for all intents and purposes, it has been fixed -but I am still not certain where they came from.  I guess they are hidden in the project somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2015 2
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating the slide worked for me as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2016 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating the slide works for me too, what an odd issue.

Thanks all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue with the phantom Submit button happen if you add a Text Entry Box to the slide and then delete it.  For some reason the Submit button remains behind.  I believe it's a bug in some versions of Captivate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - I can't figure it out. It's driving me crazy. How did you fix it? Put little images over them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the submit button, is the lock symbol showing? If so, right click on the object, unlock it, then you should be able to delete it.

Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today. The Submit button only showed for a few seconds during preview / published video. However, I was unable to find that object anywhere in the cptx file!

I duplicated the slide, and could see the button with lock.

Thanks! This workaround helped.

Considering this issue and workaround is a year ago and Captivate has not bothered to fix this bug in subsequent releases.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2017 1
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible the submit buttons are side effects of a different interaction. The Submit, Redo, and Undo buttons from Drag and Drop don't appear on the timeline.

It's also possible the slide is a version of the native quiz slides (like Matching, True/False, etc.) which have somewhat different properties than a button you would make on your own.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracy,

I had this happen to me today. The Submit button only showed for a few seconds in the published video. I could not find that object anywhere in the cptx file!

I added a blank new slide and copied all the objects (they were all non-interactive) to the new slide and that made the Submit button disappear in the published video.

What I realized later was that originally I started out on that first slide creating a drag and drop interaction which I later abandoned for simple animation, so I'm thinking that the drag and drop wizard put the Submit button there under the hood, so to speak, automatically. Since you received your cptx already under development, there is no telling what the original author did and what might have been already embedded!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2016 0