Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Success/Completion Criteria

New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,

I develop and author my company's compliance courses. These courses require users to view the project in its entirety and pass an assessment (100% viewing of every slide). This is mandated by government agencies, and if not followed, as a company we would not be compliant with regulations.

For these course, I typically set the slide views to  100% and quiz passed. Incorporated in the project is title slides, instructional slides and other miscellaneous slides that I am not concerned with being viewed in their entirety. I have created buttons to navigate to next slide and it is only visible towards the end of the slide. I have also limited the course navigation to play/pause and end course. The user cannot forward or back up through course, nor can they navigate via the progress bar.

Is there a way to tell Captivate that I want 100% view of the slides of my choice and that is all?

If not, who would I contact in development to request a software update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate doesn't offer the option to do what you want by default but there is an HTML5 widget that allows you to specify which slides should get marked as completed despite not being visited by the user.

Check out that feature of the CpExtra HTML5 widget here:

Other | Infosemantics Pty Ltd   Look down to the subheading about xcmndCompleteSlide.

Be aware that the widget is not free.

You can log an enhancement request with Adobe if you want, but they're unlikely to add this feature just to please you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources