• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Survey Quiz does freezes Captivate 8

Advocate ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 8. I have 105 slides.

When I create one Multiple Choice Quiz question that is a Survey ,Captivate 8 will freeze when I either Preview it or even publish it. The next button will not allow me to go to the next slide.

However, when I create a Multiple Choice Question question that is Graded Captivate does work as a published file and Previews correctly. When I have the two together it works fine. When I remove the graded question and only have it as a survey question the problem starts again, nothing happens as a published file or works in preview mode.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What setting do you have in Quiz > Settings > Required dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard  wrote

What setting do you have in Quiz > Settings > Required dropdown?

Thanks for your help. Here are screenshots of what I have.

From the preferences > Quiz I originally turned off "Allow User to Review the Quiz. But if I turned it off or kept it on my published Captivate 8 file and event he preview does not work. If it's a graded quiz it works.

By the way, do all I have to do is HIDE the Quiz Review and it won't show? Or must I deselect it from the Quiz preferences?

So back to the original problem. I just want one survey quiz at the end of this Captivate  8 project but that one survey quiz seems to freeze the published or previewed Captivate file.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that if I just HIDE the Quiz Preview page it will not show up in the final output.

I created another test Captivate 8 page and put in a survey quiz page and it previews fine.   So this can only mean that the Captivate file I am working on is not allowing the one quiz survey page to function with the rest of the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any screenshots of your settings.  You didn't insert the file properly.  Use the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard  wrote

I don't see any screenshots of your settings.  You didn't insert the file properly.  Use the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! I hide the first slide and after preview the buttons work fine. So it might have something to do in the first slide that is not moving forward once I put in the survey slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the third party widget is causing the problem with the survey quiz question... It needs a quiz question to send the send.php to our emails... When I put the survey question in the first slide that's when the first slide freezes after I put in the survey question. A graded question works fine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources