• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

svg appearing as blank

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been making SVGs and adding them to a captivate 9 file, but now any and all SVGs I add appear as blank squares. When I open the files directly into a browser they appear fine. I worked with my company's support team to implement the changes discussed in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8033390#8033390, but nothing changed. Does anyone know what to do, or why this is happening? Vectors are brand new to me, so I could be missing something very obvious.

TOPICS
Editing , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how you created the SVG's? I am using Adobe Illustrator, and these settings are successful to me:

SettingsAI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015-11-06_10-51-45.png

these are my settings. The only difference I see is that your settings have "responsive" checked off, but I don't have that option on mine. The SVGs that I make are showing up fine in my coworker's captivate files, just not in mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on an older version of Illustrator, right (I'm on CC 2015) ? But since they show up on another system, it looks like a problem with your setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6, not sure what year that is.

What can I do to correct my setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no idea, sorry. Do you see them when published? They show up any time, while editing, for your colleague?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they appear in previewing in html5 and when published. They show up all the time for my coworkers. I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate 9. It seems to be working so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now it's not working. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete Preferences before reinstalling? There is a file in the subfolder Utils under the installation folder of Captivate. You'll lose customisation, to keep some, read this blog post:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Could you share your machine configuration details? Are you on Windows or Mac and which version? Do you have any other versions of Captivate installed on that machine?

When you select the SVGs in the Library can you see a preview on the top-right? Also, if you are on a non-responsive project, can you see the SVGs when publishing or previewing in SWF (Preview in Browser)?

If possible can you share one of the SVGs which are not showing up? You can email it to mdas@adobe.com

Thanks,

Mohana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC with Windows 7. The helpdesk woman from my office uninstalled adobe 8, but it's still appearing in my start menu. When I select the SVG in the library it appears in the preview perfectly fine. When I open the SVGs in a browser they appear fine. When i preview or publish a project, they appear fine. It is only when editing that they appear as blank boxes. I'm working in responsive projects only. The issue is not the SVGs, it's captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: The helpdesk woman ran a file to delete everything from captivate 8 and 9 and reinstalled. She made sure that the preferences were deleted before reinstalling. Most SVGs will now appear in my captivate, but some do not. Most that do not appear have a very small file size (less than 1KB). However, some that are larger are not appearing. And now one of my coworkers is encountering the same issue. I'm really confused as to how two of us are now having the same problem, but no one else has seem to run into this. We have to be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Can we have a Connect meeting to investigate the issue you are facing? You can email me at mdas@adobe.com so that we can set up a meeting according to your convenience.

Thanks,

Mohana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! email sent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you succesful with you issue?

I have the same problem with Cp 9. I create svg with the latest AI, they do not appear on the cp stage, but in the output and edge inspect preview.

This bug does not come from AI, it comes from Cp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, haven't found any solution yet. I've been emailing back and forth with Mohana, but we haven't directly chatted yet. I'll definitely update this thread if/when we solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your response. Yesterday I received a project file from a friend of mine, this file displayed svgs properly. Then suddenly  one svg disappeared from the cp stage and left the known message 404. This is definitely an issue of cp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is caused in my case by Norton Security. If I turn it off, svgs appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Now THAT is REALLY interesting.  I did not realize that antivirus or internet security software would prevent SVGs from appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose, this is caused by (in my eyes) a partly nasty programming of Cp: When launching Cp an alert from Norton appears "adobecaptivatews is not secure und has been deleted". I do not know what the adobecaptivatews does, but it is created every time you launch Cp. This file is stored in an Temp folder in the AppData folder. I suppose, if any .EXE file as Cp generates an another .exe file on lauch, Norton seems to react. I am not a programmer, but I think this could be the main issue in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Norton does this to me as well. (I have Norton 360 antivirus) 

The adobecaptivatews file is actually a sawn-off web server that Captivate creates at launch for use with certain types of previews.

Even when I specify with Norton that this type of file is OK, it still blocks it because the files are created in the user's profile but in a temporary directory.  So even when you specify the location of ONE of these files as being approved, the next launch will have created another one in a different folder.  It's a moving target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. Last Friday a guy from Symantec hotline went almost crazy because of the behaviour you have described. Tomorrow I have a phone call with another Symantec technician. I will report his findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently it seems that Norton only allows you to configure a specific EXE with its complete path as a trusted application.  It doesn't seem to offer any way to configure an upper folder as the trusted location (e.g. the user's AppData/Local/Temp folder) so that any EXE files launched within that folder would be deemed safe.

An alternate solution would just be that Norton added the adobecaptivatews.exe file as a known trusted file to its database.

I would hope that given the wide-ranging ramifications of this issue Adobe and Norton (great software companies that they are) could manage to hammer out a mutually acceptable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for keeping me updated! I've shared your findings with my IT department, waiting to hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources