Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG not appearing correctly in Preview

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've taken over an Adobe Captivate project from a colleague and am getting a strange result regarding SVG images. I have created a smart shape bottom and for testing when I rollover the state is changed to display an SVG tick.

In the "State View" it appears correctly:

clipboard_image_2.png

and when I run the "Preview / HTML5 in Browser" is appears correctly as well:

clipboard_image_3.png

But when I run as "Preview / Next 5 slides or Prohect, etc." the SVG comes up incorrectly.

clipboard_image_4.png

Was wondering does anyone know why this is the case?

Many thanks

Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some essential information is missing: do you refer to a NON-responsive or a responsive project?

If it is a non-responsive project with HTML5 output all Preview methods except F11 (Preview HTML in Browser) use a temporary SWF output and can give a totally wrong idea of the final output. Especially SVG's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply. It is a non-responsive project. Just wondering when Adobe end flash support with Captivate move to use HTML in all outputs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as some companies insist on using SWF output because they continue using outdated LMS's and/or have the power to impose old versions of browsers, Captivate will not take away SWF output. However I hope that the team will make it possible for non-responsive projects to have the possibility to have also HTML5 preview 'From this slide', or for 'Next x slides', as is the case for responsive projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources