• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF Compilation Failed CP 2017

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2017. Running as administrator (though admittedly I've tried non-admin mode as well). 

I have cleared my preferences.

I have updated the .ini file.

I have hidden slides and copied the project (and even slides, one at a time) to other projects.

I am STILL getting the SWF Compilation Failed error message when I publish both for HTML5 and SWF. 

I have changed every setting in the publishing I can think of (turning off SCORM, changing the quality to Low/Med/High/Custom, choosing different versions of Flash).

It runs fine when published solely as HTML5, and it previews just fine in a browser.

Anyone have any other ideas? (I have not yet uninstalled and reinstalled)

I am running on Windows 10. I have updated to the latest version of both Windows AND Captivate.

I'm at my wits' end. Thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the steps mentioned in the article in the link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/swf-compilation-error.html

If your issue still persists, please share the project via dropbox to parihar@adobe.com

Regards,

Shivani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the first step. Didn't help.

Is there a way to get a list of invalid characters and AS3 methods/variables?

I went through the course pretty carefully and nothing seems amiss in that regard.

Also, this happens every time I try to save a course in HTML5/SWF. Not just on this one course.

Other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Would you mind sharing your project with us for segregating the issue.

If you are fine with it, Please share the project via dropbox to parihar@adobe.com.

Regards,

Shivani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that it's not just a single file. This happens on every file. I just created a new one from scratch today and couldn't even preview it without the SWF failure error (HTML5 preview worked fine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still looking for help on this. Any thoughts? The article in the link above is for CP 6. And it gives no indication how to track down invalid characters and AS3 variables.

I find it hard to believe that I have any of those since a good portion of these courses are simple, built on one or two slides and nothing fancy about them.

I welcome any ideas.

Windows 10, Captivate 2017 with all hotfixes and updates applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had this issue and found out it ultimately had to do with where the storage area for my Adobe Captivate Cache files was located. Do you or your company use OneDrive? OneDrive when mapped to the file explorer sync, can cause issues due to restrictions on naming conventions. Captivate cache files have very long, odd names and this prevents the file explorer from wanting to sync the files with OneDrive. By moving the cache file location to the desktop (a non OneDrive synced area for my work) it allowed the cache file to write to that location and therefore eliminated the SWF Compilation error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are brilliant!!! Moving the folder to a local drive fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just seeing this now, I'm glad it helped haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do

Step by step. Help me please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to be explained?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources