Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swf compilation failed error message when previewing project

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Whenever I preview my project, selecting the Project option, or pressing F4, I get the following message:

Swf compilation failed.

Note: Please verify if any of the actionscript keywords is used as user variable name.

I am running version 2017 - 10.0.2.309 on Windows 10 enterprise.

This happens on a new single slide file, and on previously published files. I have no actionscripts in any of the files.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error can have many causes, do not focus on 'actionscript'.

Which Preview method did you  use? For HTML5 output use only F11, Preview HTML in Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files run fine in HTML and on SCORM Cloud. But if I choose to preview the file, either the whole project or the next 5 slides, it tosses the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is a non=responsive file, all Preview methods except F11 will create a temporary SWF. That may be the reason. This is bad, I know, doesn't happen for non=responsive projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources