• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Audio Capture Issues

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to using Captivate and I was following along with one of the Adobe tutorials.  Using the Record option in Captivate 2019, I captured my screen along with system audio.  I disabled my mic and selected the option to capture system audio, however, on playback I noticed that the audio is garbled and not well synched.  Video attached.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or found out how to resolve it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use multiple tools for capturing videos of my computer screen for various tutorials. It always seems that whether it's Adobe Captivate Video Demo, Software Simulation or another tool like Camtasia I always get poor results. I often will export that audio and do my best to clean it up in an audio editing tool such as Audacity or Adobe's own Audition.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! While I don't have a resolution for this issue, I can tell you that it's not because you're new to using Adobe Captivate! I've been using this progam with no problem (and absolutely loving it) since 2017. I recently upgraded to a new computer that's better equipped to handle the type of work that I do, and since installing Captivate on the new PC, I've experienced the same exact issue that you describe. The preview that you provided is identical to what happens when I try to record a video demo - it sounds like the audio is fine for the first few seconds, but then gets choppy and crackles. I've found a few other community posts describing this issue, but I have yet to find one that has a true fix or resolution. I'm going to continue digging. If I find a solution I will share! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been having the same issue. Was working great then all of the sudden it doesn't work. All the while they are charging me a monthly subscription for something I can't use. THANKS ADOBE. Been working on resolving the issue for months now. Have found no fix. If Adobe changed the way Captivate works they should issue a statement letting the users know instead of letting them go in circles looking for a resolution when there isn't one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree - I'm very disappointed that this hasn't been resolved or looked into. Whenever I get to speak to an Adobe employee, I'm basically told it's a driver issue, or network issue, or another type of issue that is on my end. However, I've tested it on multiple networks, multiple PCs, from different locations and all have the same result. This indicates to me that it's an Adobe Captivate issue, not an end-user issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources