• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of contents not generating

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is showing up in the Table of Contents following the generating TOC instructions. What am I missing?

Using the "Project"drop down and selecting "Table of Contents"

Then click "show TOC" box and nothing comes up

I have master slides and I've tried grouping and ungrouping my 4 modules. I do have slides imported and edited from different themes. I tried creating a custom theme and it results in a "fatal error". There are 123 slides total with a knowledge check/quiz included. My goal to get the playback bar to work otherwise this training works fine in our LMS. This is my last piece. 

I'm at the final stage of launching this training so any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell the exact version number you are using presently? Look for the full number under Help, About Captivate.

It looks like you are on 11.5 because you are mixing multiple themes which is only possible in that version. But which version of 11.5. 

Master slides have no link with the TOC. In the TOC only normal slides should appear with their Slide name (if you have one) or the Slide number. If you have grouped slides, you'll get two levels in the TOC, but the group name cannot be used for navigation.

TOC setup is part of the Theme, so the TOC will revert to the setup of the theme for the active slide, if you are using multiple themes. I would be very careful with such a setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri!

Yes 11.5.1.499

This is what I see....

Captivate_TOC_issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a responsive project. You cannot have the TOC as separate, it needs to be in Overlay. What appears in Preview? Did you mix multiple themes? 

You are not using the most recent version, which is 1.5.5.553 for Windows. Please update ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a responsive project. I can save it differently? Preview just loads and never completes. Yes I did mix themes as I added various asset slides. 

Doing updates is a big deal with my organization. Will this stop me from accomplishing adding the playbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the TOC using the icon near the bottom of this window that looks like the TOC with a blue circle arrow over it. This resets the TOC based on the slides you have. The name of each slide is imported from the slide labels themselves. Otherwise, you can simply type out what you want the slides to be called in the TOC.

Encourage your IT department to update your copy of Captivate as there are many improvements and bug fixes with the latest version.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul Wilson CTDP  Sorry, but Resetting TOC has nothing to do with this. There is NO slide visible in the TOC. It is impossible to have a project without at least ONE slide. Even if the TOC is created from the start at least ONE slide should appear. There is a screenshot, did you look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for jumping in Paul. Yes Lilybiri is correct, there are no slides showing.

When I click on Settings or Info in the Skin Editor I get a fatal error message and the program terminates. On a separate copy, I've tried to save a custom skin and get the same result - no slides in the TOC. I've also tried to convert all the slides to one theme and the same fatal error issue happens. When I try to preview, the slides generate, and a browser window opens but it just keeps loading.

Before I tried to get the TOC created, previews worked great, no fatal errors, and all the content worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty clear that the software is not performing as expected. When this happens to me I reach out to Adobe directly at CaptivateHelp@Adobe.com for support or troubleshooting that goes beyond what users like Lieve and me can provide.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I definitely appreciate the support both of you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources