Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table widget pausing slide in Captivate 8

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

i have a slide in Captivate 8.0.3.290 with a table widget from the "out of the box" widgets. It seems to pause the slide about .1 second into that slide. I've confirmed that there is no audio present in the library, and here is a snapshot of my timeline. I tried to set the duration of the slide from "rest of slide" to the actual duration of the slide based on some troubleshooting I read online, but nothing is working for me. Also, I'm using the preview project feature if this makes a difference (not in browser as that functionality broke in my captivate recently).

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Table Learning Interaction is not an Interactive Widget.  So it doesn't have the capability to pause the timeline. There does not appear to be any other interactive objects on the slide that you show in the screenshot.

My guess is that you may need to look at the Master Slide this is attached to.  Perhaps you have a Smart Shape button on that Master Slide which is pausing the timeline on the child slides.

Alternatively, see if there is an Advanced Action being executed On Slide Enter.  It might have a Pause action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot check it anymore because I no longer have CP8. Table widget is not interactive, but I remember that widgets, interactive or static, used to pause the slide by default in an earlier version. Not sure in which version however. That was 1 sec after the start of the slide. That was taken out later for the non-interactive widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources