Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tableau 10.5 not working properly when recording software demo with Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Captivate to create a software demo in Tableau 10.5 on Windows. I am unable to add fields (Dimensions and Measures) to the columns and rows shelves. I drag and drop or double-click but nothing happens. If I close Captivate these functions works as they should. I'm not sure why it is interfering with Tableau's functionality. It is not an issue when I use other screen recording software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Etes-vous francophone?  I see no answer yet (was not frequently on forums due to travelling this week). Can you explain more (possible in French, I understand it maybe better than English)?  I wonder if you are talking about the Table interaction? Or is it the application you are recording for a simulation? For that last scenario: which mode(s) did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Désolée, non, je ne suis pas Francophone. Mais j'essairai d'expliquer le probleme en Francais. En bas, vous voyez la placement de les Dimensions et les Measures sur les étagères dans Tableau. Mais, si vous regardez the video, vous pouvez voir que rien ce pass lorsque je l'ai essayé en utilisant Captivate. Tableau 10.5 issues with Captivate - YouTube

J'apprécierais votre aide.

2018-04-27_1624.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, neither English nor French.  My suspicion was due to the terms used in your first question.

Drag&Drop is not part of the software simulations.  May I repeat my question: which mode did you use for this simulation?  I would suggest to replace ths lides with D&D by cpvc slides. If you want a training simulation, you'll have to create those D&D exercise slides by hand, I'm afraid. Normally mouse activiites like this are captured in FMR '(Full Motion Recording) slides, but those don't work very well in HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I tried both Software Simulation and Video Demo mode. D&D is such a common interaction; if I understand your comment, you are saying that Captivate does not record D&D?  If so, that is limitation. But why is Captivate preventing the application (Tableau) from executing the D&D function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be recorded in Video Demo which is also used for CPVC-slides in a software simuations, demo mode.  Is this 'Tableau' an application installed on your system? I have recorded such D&D actions, wonder why it is not working in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Tableau is installed. Thank you for your effort to help. Perhaps someone will eventually post a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Has anyone found solution for this error or still there is no fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently no one else has answered, after I gave it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources