Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TEB accepts any text - CP 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using CP 2019 and have an issue with a software simulation generated Text Entry Box that is accepting any text.  My settings are:
- Password Field selected
- Validate User Input selected (case-sensitive selected and one correct entry allowed)
- On Success action is set to Enable a clickbox which is assigned to the 'login' button of the software application
- Continue Playing the Project selected
- Infinite Attempts selected
I know there's something I'm (obviously!) missing but I've been looking at it and experimenting with different options for quite some time so of course can't see anything amiss.
Would be extremely grateful for assistance 🙂

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version do you have? There have been many releases under CP2019. Look under Help, About Captivate. The most recent release for Windows is 11.5.5.553.

I am not sure to understand the question, sorry. You have created a software simulation in Training (or Assessment) mode. Normally the Entry for the TEB is one slide, and on Success the learner is moved to the next slide, where you have the inserted click box over the Login button. There is no need whatsoever to enable nor disable?

You may have reduced the number of attempts for the TEB to 1, what do you have as Last Attempt (which is in this case a Failure) action? Also 'Go to Next Slide'?

As for the click box you will have kept the default 'Infinite attempts', which means that the learner is in an eternal loop, will only go to Next slide when he clicks on that click box. 

What exactly is the problem, because I didn't read it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri and thank you for your response.  This goes to prove to never post to a forum just as you're finishing your workday!
To clarify, I recorded both a demo and assessment sim in my Client's software application.  So the issue I was experiencing is that regardless of the fact that the 'Validate User Input' is selected with one correct entry allowed only for the TEB, the functionality failed and would accept any text entered.  I have the functionality working on another TEB with the difference being that I included the Tab button as a Shortcut.  I still consider myself very new to Adobe Captivate so I could be completely wrong when I say that it seems to me that a shortcut is required in order to actually validate the text entry.  Like I said, I could be barking up the completely wrong tree here!
To cut a long story short(ish!), as I'm very time-constrained with this project, I have now implemented the Tab button shortcut for the subject TEB which is working.  It's not what I consider an ideal solution, it's a 'workaround' solution all the same.
I thank you again for your time and expert advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I don't remember when I answered yesterday.  My 'workday' is very flexible, could have been close to midnight but I live in Belgium.

AFAIK the default shortcut key is Enter in software sims. Which is logical for most fields to be filled. Can you check in the Properties panel, Actions tab?  If you don't want the Submit button for a TEB, you need indeed a shortcut key, but Enter is automatically there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh, no, Lilybiri; I meant I should not have posted to forum at the close of my workday; hahaha!  Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Also, I incorrectly advised that I recorded demo and assessment sims whereas it was demo and training sims.  I can not now remember whether 'Enter' was the default shortcut key but it makes sense.  Think I'll change it back to default.  The interesting thing is that the Action to 'Enable a click box' that I included on other TEBs works; it won't accept an incorrect entry.  I'm quite sure I applied all the same functionality but there must be something I've missed.
I surely appreciate your time and advice, Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Training and Assessment mode is not very different. Both have scores, I think Assessment has no Hint, but that is it.

Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources