• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TEB and Browser Autofill

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CP 9. I have a slide with 7 TEB (Display time for all TEB set to "Rest of the Slide") with required variables, submit button at the bottom with execute advance action for required text field. If user is using browser auto fill then only 3 of 5 required variables are getting filled and slide jumps to next without performing advance action to make sure all required fields are filled. Is there any way to disable browser auto-fill to force user to enter manually all required information in text entry box. Below is screen shot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is experiencing browser autofill/autocomplete issue. Any solution to turn off autocomplete for the slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with browser generated autofill/autocomplete is nightmare. Even though the text required is set up with v_null it is taking default "0" in some field and jumping to the next slide. Half of the require fields are empty and it still goes to the next slide. How do you turn off browser autofill as soon as user enter on this slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What naming convention are you using for the TEB? As I remember there is a default list of field names for html for text fields like,

full-name

first-name

last-name

phone

that are used for auto fill in browsers but again this can be specific to browsers. An idea use a different field name for the TEB if you have followed this type of convention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only 2 TEB with captivate variables (studentName and studentEmail) and rest of them are custom variables (myVar1, myVar2 etc.). The labels are just text box. This issue started happening in last 2 weeks, it was not happening before. It seems like autocomplete from browser is creating this issue.

Is there any JavaScript or other solutions that can disable autofill at the entry of this slide so user is forced to type in in boxes instead of autofill.

Thank you for your insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing by relaunching the same browser window - I know that it sometimes gets cached.

Try uploading to scorm cloud and running from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on the AWS and link is shared with users. I see that some users information is arriving with "0" in the field where they claim that they were not able to enter info since slide jumped after entering name and email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with me too when i am on the slide and see that it is showing autofill options and as soon as i pick that it fills few boxes and jumps to the next slide leaving rest of the boxes empty. All required TEB has v_null text required to ensure that they are filled but somehow autofill gives them "0" and jumping to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the bigger question is why is it jumping to the Next slide? Why would a TEB being autofilled go to the Next Slide without being evaluated by the Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, would like to see the action triggered by that Submit button, and a

screenshot of the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In browser this is the behavior i see

It wouldn't allow to fill rest of the field (by using Tab or by using mouse click) and it will jump to next slide once the slide duration is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This autocomplete options are the one bypassing the advance action or not allowing to type in the TEB where information is required. The screen will pause until the slide duration and will jump to next one with missing information in required field. On entry of this slide there should be some action that force user to type in instead of picking autocomplete option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that clicking the Button to execute the action that evaluates the values in the TEBs also unpauses the timeline, which then means the slide simply moves to the next slide?  Could the issue be as simple as that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This what timing set for each TEB.

This is what set for submit button

This is what set for the slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour is very strange.

Rest of the boxes wouldn't allow to manually type in information. Auto complete fills whatever box it picks and rest boxes are not even accessible by tab or by clicking on it. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome browser autocomplete is where i see this behavior.

I looked at this HTML/CSS Trick: How to Turn Off Auto-Complete  but what code and where to add to achieve autocomplete off on the slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't talking about the issue with the AutoComplete.  My last post was questioning whether or not the issue causing the slide to advance prematurely to the next slide might simply be due to the fact that you may not have set up things so as to prevent the timeline from continuing when the button is clicked to execute the Advanced Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the advance action for text verification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nice but it does NOT answer my question.  I don't think you understand how the timeline works in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screen shot of timeline is below unless i am still not understanding where to look what you are asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it possible to programmatically, either via Actions or Javascript, to do the following:

- on Slide Entry,

- disable browser suggested autocomplete for TEB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources