• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Animation not Showing when Publish to Video?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a couple text animations in my Captivate 2017 project. When I publish to video, the animation part doesn't work. It's just the text on hte screen. The effect I'm using is Fog Lifted.

Is there something I am missing to make this work? Or is text animation not supported when published to video?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text animation is not compatible with HTML5 publication, however, it should work for publication to video. I just tried my favourite Aquarium and it worked fine. I also published some text using the Fog Lifted effect and it also worked fine.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps take a closer look at what else is happening on that slide.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. Knowing that is SHOULD work helped me be more persistent in my troubleshooting. The animation was on the first slide and for some reason that seemed to be causing the problem. I added a second blank slide before it and now it works. Yeah!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good news. Glad I could add some persistence to your troubleshooting. I often put a short blank slide at the beginning of the course so not too much gets loaded on a single slide. Seems to help from time to time.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources