• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Boxes in State View

Participant ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using State View to create rollover text boxes for HTML5, so the user rolls over an area and a description is displayed.  Works very well. 

However, it seems my only option is to use a text caption to display the text (unless I want to create multiple images), and none of the backgrounds seem to work, so all I have is plain white.  Regardless of which caption background I use, it is very washed out.  This would not be so bad, except I am showing this in a software simulation, and the screen background is predominently white, so the caption sort of blends into the background.

Is there a way to do this differently?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just use a Rollover Smart Shape?  Insert a normal Smart Shape on the slide, and from the right click menu, select Convert to Rollover Smart Shape.  This gives you a Smart Shape that will appear when the user rolls their mouse over the object's hit area.  You can format the Smart Shape any way you like, including any type of background on the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't really understand how you did set up the multistate object.  Rollover shape is for sure an atlernative as Rod points out. However you'll get a warning that it is not supported for HTML output (Tracker).  It will be functional only on laptop/desktop, not on mobile devices but you are probably aware of that.

A Rollover state is an InBuilt state for interactive objects. A text caption is NOT an interactive object, hence my confusion. Maybe have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/3-audio-tricks

In the first tip I explain how you can use that InBuilt Rolloveer state to have audio playing. This can also be done by attaching audio to the rollover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources