• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text boxes without the default Adobe colors?

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add a text box and then change the colors (other than the default Adobe blue, green, yellow, ect.?)

I just want a white text box with grey letters.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Will repeat what I already wrote in my first answer. You are NOT using a Text Entry Box, which is an interactive object meant to capture input from the learner, but you want static text. There are two possible containers for text:

1. The OLD Text Captions, which you find under the bit button Text; I explained that creating such a custom caption needs the use of a graphics app.
  2. The Shapes, which you find unde the big button Shapes. Double-click on the shape or use F2 to enter in Text mode. Shapes have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you mean a Text Caption, not a Text Entry Box?

Why not use a shape as text container: you have full control over its look, Fill, Stroke, Characters....? If you want a custom Text Caption you need a graphics program....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant a regular text box. How do I insert one of those? Just use a square shape?

Thanks again for the help. I'm just navigating Captivate from PowerPoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Entry Box doesn't have the Adobe colors.... Please check which item you really means: Text Entry Box or Text Caption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean just being able to enter text on a slide.

In PowerPoint I have to insert a text box.

How do I just add text on a Captivate slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will repeat what I already wrote in my first answer. You are NOT using a Text Entry Box, which is an interactive object meant to capture input from the learner, but you want static text. There are two possible containers for text:

1. The OLD Text Captions, which you find under the bit button Text; I explained that creating such a custom caption needs the use of a graphics app.
  2. The Shapes, which you find unde the big button Shapes. Double-click on the shape or use F2 to enter in Text mode. Shapes have more possiblities and can be styled completely in Captivate: Fill (with solid color, gradient or image/texture), transparency (Alpha), stroke color and width.

Insert a shape on the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources