Highlighted

Text Caption Hyphenation and Wrap in Translations

Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a suggestion on how to control hyphenation (or lack thereof) and wrapping in text captions that have been translated. When I import translated captions like German, many of the words are so long and that they require manual resizing of the text captions and/or font size. It's very time consuming. Then, I need to do it again for each breakpoint in a responsive project. Are there any techniques to reduce the work involved in this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text Caption Hyphenation and Wrap in Translations

Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a suggestion on how to control hyphenation (or lack thereof) and wrapping in text captions that have been translated. When I import translated captions like German, many of the words are so long and that they require manual resizing of the text captions and/or font size. It's very time consuming. Then, I need to do it again for each breakpoint in a responsive project. Are there any techniques to reduce the work involved in this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that may help is to turn on Autosize Captions in Preferences before importing translations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 1