• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappearing in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been working in Captivate 2017 for a while with no issues. On opening a project recently, some text captions disappeared on all the slides. Clicking where they should have been displays them again.

However, after editing the project, saving, closing and then opening it made the text caption disappear again.

One thing to note is that I had Captivate 2019 installed on my laptop a while back but cannot use it for projects yet. All my projects are Captivate 2017 only, never opened or touched by Captivate 2019.

What did seem to fix the issue was creating a new project from our regular template, pasting all slides from the text disappearing project and saving. This project when opened again was okay. However, this counter measure stopped working after 2 days.

Web Safe Fonts Arial is being used in the Projects. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try cleaning out your Project Cache, and if that doesn't work, reset your Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had cleared the whole Adobe Project Cache and that did not seem to make things better.

Did not really set any general or Project preferences. All preferences are at default. Should I look at a particular preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences can corrupt even though you kept with the default Prefrences. To clean them, look in the installation folder for a subfolder 'utils' and run the CleanPreferences.. file appropriate for your OS while Captivate is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri, found the utils forder and ran CleanPreferences. Will update after a day or two on the effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good. Though I have been saving and opening projects after doing a particular edit type. Will post if the problem comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources