Highlighted

text disappears when scaling window

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Having a strange problem with Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499)

I have a number of text boxes on screen, when the user scales the window the text in the last text box on the right disappears at a certain scale. this is happening on a number of screens with similar layouts and its always the last text box on the right?

This is as it should look,

clipboard_image_0.png

Drag the window size a few pixels bigger and I get this (see last green box is now empty)

clipboard_image_1.png

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

text disappears when scaling window

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Having a strange problem with Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499)

I have a number of text boxes on screen, when the user scales the window the text in the last text box on the right disappears at a certain scale. this is happening on a number of screens with similar layouts and its always the last text box on the right?

This is as it should look,

clipboard_image_0.png

Drag the window size a few pixels bigger and I get this (see last green box is now empty)

clipboard_image_1.png

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this several times in my own projects. In some cases - I suspect that it has to do with resizing the box and the text within the box at different amounts - I see your last box has a little more text in it than the others.

That is a speculation but I cannot help but wonder if there was either less text or more box to begin with that the issue would go away...?

In my projects - I often no longer produce scaling output. Using CTRL +/-  or CTRL+Scroll Wheel will often be sufficient. I have not experienced the issue when deselecting the scaling option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Stagprime. I have tried adding just 2 lines of text into the box and it still disappears? Unfortunately it's a customer requirement to have "Scalable HTML content" enabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An idea just popped into my head if you're willing to try it. Sorry - I do not currently have a project with this issue or I would test it myself first. It appears that you have some marginal padding on the boxes. I still think there may be some kind of scaling difference between box and text and wondered if the margins might be coming into play somehow. I hate to put you on a wild goose chase as I am not sure it will work but it is a thought if you wish to entertain it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question - are these transparent text captions on top of a smart shape or a smart shape with text inside? Could changing to the other make a difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't see the expand icon appearing, becaue the text no longer fits in the container?

Which font are you using?  Is this happening after publishing and uploading to a webserver or LMS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input (again) Lieve :). Its only happening in the published version, not in captivate editing mode. I am testing a SCORM 1.2 version in ScormCloud. Font is SEGOE UI.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Segoe is a system font, not a websafe font (I know that it is used by MS in Paint 3D and other apps). Could you test if it also happens with a websafe or Adobe font?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group