Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Entry Box Control

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am creating a module that requires the user to place information into a Text Entry Box. I can check Validate the Response but can't place a correct answer in the field. Responses would be there name and ID. The action I want the TEB to take is if they select Submit without entering information, I want text to display, stating. "You must enter your name before proceeding" and not allow them to move forward. This is an action I can do on a quiz slide but once answered, a quiz slide can't be changed. They need to be able to review it and change it if necessary. Once an entry is entered into the TEB selecting Submit will take them to the next slide. This is a total of three slides with their First name on one slide, their last name on the next slide, and their ID on the next slide. The slide following allows them to review their information and if it is incorrect, they will select a button that will jump them to the first slide and allow them to change the information. I have searched but can't seem to find this option spelled out anywhere. I realize Submit All is an option to overcome this on a quiz slide but due to branching, I don't believe that will work either. Any Ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Have a look at this blog which explains how to check if the entry in a TEB is empty or not:

Where is Null in CP2017? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this blog which explains how to check if the entry in a TEB is empty or not:

Where is Null in CP2017? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lilybiri,

Thank you very much the issue has been overcome by your guidance. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources