Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Entry Box Failure Message Issue

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Captivate 2017 and creating my own crossword puzzle. I'm using a text entry box with advanced actions, when you submit a answer in the box, it populates on the crossword puzzle. Users get two attempts at each text entry box.  Simple. My issue happens when I try to include a failure message. If a person gets it wrong the first time, the failure message appears. perfect.  I have it setup that when the user gets it wrong the second time the advanced action populates the answer for them, but it seems the failure message makes a second lap through my advanced action.

My advanced action on the last attempt is below:

Show - Metric Answer

Expression - Puzzle score = Puzzle score - 100  (this is for the scoring)

Expression - Answer count = Answer count + 1   (this count goes to 11 to show a next button at the end of the game)

Show - next hint

Delay Next Actions By - 2 seconds

Hide - next hint

So when the failure message appears on the second incorrect submitted answer the script above happens twice. Screws up my scoring and shows the "next hint" twice. Anyone have this issue? Is there a work around not using the failure message and having a text box appear if a user gets it wrong the first time? Everything works great if I don't use the failure option.

Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?