• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Entry Box More Options Crashes Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue with Captivate 2019 crashing whenever I click the More Options button for a text entry box. I am following a tutorial to create the text entry box on a slide with a single a fluid box. If anyone has come across this and/or can help me troubleshoot I would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually SEE a message box appear that says Captivate has crashed, or does Captivate appear to stop responding and you are believing it has crashed due to this unresponsiveness?  If the latter, try hitting the ESCAPE key when it stops responding.  If that returns control, your issue is not that Captivate has crashed but that the modal dialog you opened is not visible on your screen.  You may have been using dual monitors at some recent time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard, I see no message box. It freezes, may be a better way of stating it. After clicking on the More options buttons, anywhere I try to click in Captivate makes the error audio sound (I'm on a Mac). All Captivate menus are greyed out except Hide Adobe Captivate and Hide Others under the Adobe Captivate menu and Search under the Help menu. I cannot minimize, close, hide or move the Captivate window either. Pressing ESC does nothing. The only option I seem to have is to Force Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. I closed out of Captivate and made my monitors mirror rather than extend the desktop. It worked this way. I went back to extended desktop and it worked this way also. Thank you for the troubleshooting hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources