• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text entry box - Need Failure feedback for clicking in 'wrong' spot

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a software simulation training, I inserted a text entry box on a slide. If the user clicks into the TEB and enters the wrong text the failure message appears which is good, however if they click around the slide, not in the text entry box, there is no feedback telling them that is incorrect. Is there any way I can make this happen? On the other slides, the user needs to click certain spots to be "correct" I'd like it to stay consistent on all slides.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A TEB has two events if it is validated: entered text is correct or wrong.

Another interactive object like a button, shape button, click box have a Failure event when clicking outside of the object, Success when clicking the object.

A possible workaround, but you have to test and it is not possible in Fluid Boxes responsive projects, is to have a click box, behind the TEB, overing the complete slide. Set the Success event to show a Failure message which will have to be custom, or use the Success message to show the failure message. However, as I told, HTML5 output doesn't like to have two interactive objects on top of each other,you'll need to test extensively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Libiri says, overlapping objects in HTML5 can cause problems. I've done something similar to your situation: use 4 clickboxes which surround the TEB, each of which will show your error message when clicked. Make sure the edges of the clickboxes are adjacent but not overlapping, and also not overlapping with the TEB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With 4 click boxes be careful to take out the Failure message, whcih would appear whe you click oe of the click boxes, which is outside of the 3 other click boxes. That is not necessary  with one click box.  Keep the number of attempts to Infinite, which means you'll never have a Last Attempt action happening.  Make the Success action set to 'No Action' as ell for the click boxes, and ucheck the option 'Continue Playig the projet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources