Highlighted

Text Entry works within Captivate but not SCORM Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Fairly simple, I have some text entry boxes where you would need to put in a specific word to move on. This works within Captivate but as I preview within the SCORM cloud it doesn't work. Not too sure how it can work in one and not the other.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Just try once with 'is equal to' instead of the less strict 'contains'. However it looks like Touch with a capital is considered to be a keyword in SCORM Cloud. You didin't get a warning in Captivate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text Entry works within Captivate but not SCORM Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Fairly simple, I have some text entry boxes where you would need to put in a specific word to move on. This works within Captivate but as I preview within the SCORM cloud it doesn't work. Not too sure how it can work in one and not the other.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Just try once with 'is equal to' instead of the less strict 'contains'. However it looks like Touch with a capital is considered to be a keyword in SCORM Cloud. You didin't get a warning in Captivate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, give some more details: which version do you use? What is the set up for the Text Entry Box: validated, number of attempts, Actions on Success/Last Attempt?

When you say 'works within Captivate' how did you test? If you want HTML5 output you need to test with Preview HTML in Browser (F11) in case of a non-responsive project (another missing important detail)? All other previews are SWF-based.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Captive 2019. The set up is multiple text entry boxes and I have created by own submit button, each text entry box will have a variable associated with it which would be a certain word. Unlimited attempts. Actions on success would just show if they got it right or wrong.

And when I say it works within Captivate, if I preview Project it works, HTML5 in Browser works, SWF in Browser works. It does not work for Preview in SCORM Cloud which is what I need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check version number, should be 11.0.1.266.

Did you set up Reporting? SCORM Cloud requires a project that has been published as SCO.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting is set up for SCORM 1.2 which is what I need. I have a variety of similar projects that work the only difference is they use numbers and not words.

My version number is 11.0.0.243

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound daft. But are you aware of any particular words that won't work within Text Entry? I am trying lots of different words and it works in the way I want it to, just not with the word I actually need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to 11.0.1.266.

No combination characters in words.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate no combination characters in words? As in no more than one of the same letter? For example 'letter' has two e's and two t's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to 11.0.1.266 but no luck in solving the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be easier if you showed us the advanced action you are using. Since you are using an advanced action, not the validaton feature, it is not possible to turn off case sensitivity.

Combination characters do not exist in English but in most other languages: ç é à ù ë û ñ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a screenshot of my advanced actions and the variable associated with it. This is just stripped down version of the issue I am experiencing it's not my full project. Basically, I can change the word 'Touch' within the advanced actions and variables to any other word or number and it will work in SCORM Cloud, it does not work at all with the word 'Touch'. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your help so far.

screenshot.1550217683.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already mentioned that you should provide an action with and without capital.

Have no idea if Touch is a reserved keyword, would seem strange.

I thought you were talking about multiple TEB's with one Submit button. If you have only one TEB to check, why do you not use the Validation feature of a Text Entry Box?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with multiple TEBs. Sorry for the confusion, I did mention in my last reply that the screenshot attached was just a simplified example of the issue I have and it wasn't my full project. Attached now is a screenshot of my full project. I can confirm if I change 'Touch' to just lowercase it works but I need it as a Capital. I have also tested your suggestion just to see if it works on using the Validation feature for just one TEB, again it works with lowercase touch and not with a Capital T.

Thanks.Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried 'is equal to' in other variations and that doesn't work. So must be what you have suggested and is a keyword, what function that has I have no idea so it'll just have to be taken out I suppose. Thank you for your time and guidance most appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is weird, because Captivate didn't give any warning as happens normally  when a reserved keyword is used.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's something I can bring forward for them to investigate, do you know if there is a place with the reserved keywords available to view?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no idea, sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, thanks for your help on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask some questions here?

Are the TB1, TB2, TB3 etc User Variables the ones that you have set as the Associated Variable for their respective TEBs? (I.e. Any text entered into Text_Entry_Box_1 will be saved to the variable TB1, etc)

If so, why do you appear to have given these user variables default values already?  The TEB would normally be supplying the value of the associated variable so that your Conditional Action would then be testing what the user actually entered.

The way you have this set up seems a little strange to me.  Do you realise that you can use the Validation options in the TEB itself to test the text entered into each variable and determine whether or not it is correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rod I asked also about the validation. Touch is not working with validation neither, had him try that out. There is only one Submit button. It is a bit strange...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about Validate User Input, I added the value 'Touch' to the Touch variable just to see if it made any difference. I was trying a variety of different ways to get 'Touch' to work within a Text Entry (including Validate User Input as mentioned previously) which does not work.Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the TEB validation method you would need to allow each TEB to have its own Submit button.  If you are trying to recreate some kind of online form where the user has to enter several different TEBs and then have them all validated at once, then the method you have chosen (having the TEBs associated variable values evaluated by a Conditional Action) is really the only practical way to achieve it.

I have just tested a TEB with the correct answer of Touch in both SWF and HTML5 and they both work.  I haven't tested it in SCORM Cloud yet, but I have never seen something this give a different result in SCORM Cloud.  I would have to believe that there is something else going on here.

I would suggest you start looking at adding some debugging information to your slide so that you can see exactly what each of the associated variable values are at any given moment.  Do this by displaying their values in text boxes or Smart Shapes.  Then I would add some other shapes that get shown or hidden based on the results of the Conditional Action.  You need to be able to see all of this information at runtime to debug this issue.  If what you say is true, something must be different when the same content is uploaded and played from SCORM Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the start of the thread, OP mentioned that it worked in Captivate, but not in SCORM Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group