Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Formatting Different When Published

Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text formatting on my caption boxes and buttons change when I preview or publish my presentation. The line spacing messes up and the fonts look physically different too. Does anybody know why this might be? I'm using Arial and Verdana fonts so there should be no problem there.

Below are comparison pictures showing what I mean. (if anyone know how to embed images from websites in the adobe forums, please let me know)

Image 1
Image 2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007
Hi TuttiDog and welcome to our community

First off, there is no way I'm aware of to embed images in these forums. I was quite pleased to see the way you managed to work past it. Good on ya!

Secondly, I'm guessing that you have used a transparent text caption for this text, no? If so, (and assuming you are using Captivate 2) fellow Adobe Community Expert Paul Dewhurst found a cool workaround for that. It is described on the page you may view by clicking here.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TuttiDog and welcome to our community

First off, there is no way I'm aware of to embed images in these forums. I was quite pleased to see the way you managed to work past it. Good on ya!

Secondly, I'm guessing that you have used a transparent text caption for this text, no? If so, (and assuming you are using Captivate 2) fellow Adobe Community Expert Paul Dewhurst found a cool workaround for that. It is described on the page you may view by clicking here.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That solved the problem. A very silly solution indeed but still a solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround we found (before seeing this one) is to include an extra bullet outside of the range of the visible text caption. This seems to work when there is not a bullet list in the caption, but the problem sometimes occurs with visible bullet lists...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2007 May 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works great! thanks Paul :)

But it is not allowing me to apply this effect to all transparent text captions...
I am having to update every caption :(
Does anyone know why?

thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is no longer there.  I am having the same issue.   I have a bunch of rectangles with text inside to make my own table and when I publish the line spacing changes.  How do I stop this?   The words are going over the lines and makes it hard to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is 14 years old!!! Please post a new thread, mentioning the version you are using (Help, About Captivate). So much has changed since 2007.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources