• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text/Graphics on MP4 Video Look Pixelated After Publishing in Captivate 9

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've search all through the forums and online and couldn't find an answer to this question.

I created an After Effects project using some video I recorded.  I added a few animated titles to the video and then rendered it out via Media Encoder as an MP4.

The video I brought into AE is sized at 960x540.  I made my composition the same size and when I rendered it out, I kept the sizing the same.

The finished render has clear video, text and graphics:

NonPixel.JPG

Once the designers drop the MP4 video into Captivate 9, everything continues to look good (while previewing).  However, as soon as they publish it, we are left with pixelated graphics and text:

Pixel (2).png

I'm sure it is a setting issue that we're missing but I've exhausted my knowledge.  Can anyone offer assistance?  If you need any specifics on Captivate settings, I can ask the designers and post upon request.  I do know that we aren't able to uncheck the scalable HTML Content box because of how we're using the files.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rescale the video?  Is this a non-esponsive project?  You talk about 'Rescalable HTML', each rescaling will lead to quality loss. What happens if you keep the video in its original size an publish without the Rescalable HTML option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the thought of making our video 1920x1080 and then scaling it down to our needed 960x540 size.  We tried that and the graphics and text still did not look correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you rescale?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rescaling from 1920x1080 to 960x540 was done when exporting it in media encoder. We didn't touch the size of the video in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure the browser resolution is set to exactly 100%.  That might be throwing things off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wouldn't it be great if the folks from Adobe would visit this forum (like the Articulate folks do with theirs) and help solve these problems rather than let this place remain a lonely boneyard of unresolved issues and unanswered questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources