Highlighted

Text in Fluid Boxes not rendering properly in preview or on publish

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time generating a responsive course with Captivate. I'm struck by how the text looks different in size and in font when I click the project preview button. And I'm talking about at full desktop/regular size, not at a smaller resolution. In preview, the fonts almost looks like a different font family altogether, and the position/size is off.

When I publish to Scorm Cloud, it looks much closer, but still not the right size at all, it's off by at least 20-30 points. I am using simple fonts like Arial and Times New Roman. It looks like it's rendered crisper in Scorm Cloud window (which is fine) but i would like it to match the same size as what I see on the Captivate stage (obviously, I expect the size to change when I resize the window, but that's not the issue).

I've tried adjusting all sorts of fluid box settings and font sizes. I'm probably missing something, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Topics

Advanced, Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text in Fluid Boxes not rendering properly in preview or on publish

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time generating a responsive course with Captivate. I'm struck by how the text looks different in size and in font when I click the project preview button. And I'm talking about at full desktop/regular size, not at a smaller resolution. In preview, the fonts almost looks like a different font family altogether, and the position/size is off.

When I publish to Scorm Cloud, it looks much closer, but still not the right size at all, it's off by at least 20-30 points. I am using simple fonts like Arial and Times New Roman. It looks like it's rendered crisper in Scorm Cloud window (which is fine) but i would like it to match the same size as what I see on the Captivate stage (obviously, I expect the size to change when I resize the window, but that's not the issue).

I've tried adjusting all sorts of fluid box settings and font sizes. I'm probably missing something, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Topics

Advanced, Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which font did you use? Which version of Captivate (Help, About Captivate for full number) and which OS?

Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using web safe fonts, Arial and Times New Roman. Captivate version is 11.5.499 on Windows 10.

Thanks for the link, it might be a case that I just need to get used to them being dynamic boxes instead of static, so the browser is rendering them differently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group