• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is gone when module opens in Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2017.  Everytime I close a Captivate Module and then reopen it later, many items have disappeared such as the title, fill-in-the-blank answers, and text on buttons.  I can recover all of these items, slide by slide, by simply selecting everything on the slide and dragging everything a little in any direction.  When I drag a little, all of the missing items suddenly appear.  Also, I can recover it by clicking each item in the timeline.  Also, I can recover everything by copying slides to a newly opened, blank Captivate Project. BUT,  these solutions are laborious, and the fix doesn't  last.  I have to repeat the process everytime I reopen a module. I have to recover the items on both Filmstrip slides and Master slides. Do you know how to correct this problem so I will have stable copies that open correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check version number, should be 10.0.1.285.

Clear the cache (Preferences has a button). Clean the Preferences: look in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file fitting for your OS. CP as to be closed and you need adm rights.

It is also possible that Layouts are corrupted. Do you use a custom theme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply.  My version is currently 10.0.1.283, but I expect to have Captivate 19, Version 11  in the next few days. I don't use a custom theme (I read your blog http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template and I don't have a  file with extension cptm).  I use Master slides but all the customizations were done in the Master slide properties window. I have gone through the steps you listed above, but they didn't help so far.  After clearing the cache, I closed Captivate and ran CleanPreferences.  I then reopened a Captivate module and found it was still "corrupted"- it had missing title, missing text on buttons, etc. Missing items came from both the Master slides and the Filmstrip slides. I tried opening other modules as well, but without success.  Items were missing.  I need more ideas.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so you based the course on one of the Captivate themes. That theme may be corrupted as well. You can restore the original themes .

You are using them from a uplicate folder 'Layouts' which is in the eLearning assets in Pulbic documents. The original themes are in the installation folder of Captivate in the Gallery. You'll have to look under the install language. Copy the theme which you are using from that original to the duplicate Layouts folder under the eLearning assets in the Public documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not corrected yet.  Corruption still occurs when opening a course (module.)   This is what I tried.  I made a backup of en_US  in the duplicate folder (Users->Public->Public Documents->Adobe->eLearning Assets->Layouts->11). Then I created a new en_US folder and copied all of the themes to it from the installation folder  (Local Disk (C)->Program Files -> Adobe -> Adobe Captivate 2019 x 64 -> Gallery.)    BTW, I'm using "Theme Default"... I then closed down Captivate and opened one of the corrupt modules.  When it opened, it was still corrupt.  So, I recovered it by selecting everything on a slide and dragging everything a little bit in any direction.  For some reason, all of the missing text appears when I do this.  I had to do this for every  Master and Filmstrip slide.  After it was completely recovered, I closed and reopened the module again, but it opened corrupted again. 

I have recently found a method that seems to recover a module correctly so that I can close and open it without a problem .  This method employs a module that isn't corrupted ( I have a few of those.  They open and close successfully.)  Anyway, I open an uncorrupted module and RENAME it.  Next, I replace all of the Master and Filmstrip slides in the new, uncorrupted, module with slides from the corrupted module. The copying process recovers the slides. Later, I have to  check each slide because sometimes the font changes by itself, and I have to return it to the original font and size.  After all of this, I can close and open the new module successfully without corruption.  But, this is not a great solution because it takes a lot of time, and I don't know why corrupted modules can't be opened successfully in the first place.   If you can offer other explanations OR other solutions, I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources