• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text to speech cutting off first word

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,  I'm new to captivate 19 and have put together a software simulation & have used the Text to speech to generate audio for the slides.  When I play back though the first word on some of the slides seem to cut off & is unable to be heard both in preview and after producing the project. 

Has anyone else had this & know how to cure?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted exactly the same question in the eLearning Community, and I have answered there. Please refer to:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/text-audio-feature-keeps-cutting-first-word-slide-notes/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for reposting - I couldnt find the one from yesterday !  I'm new to all this so apologies . I'm using Captivate 19 on Windows 8.  I tried moving the audio along the timeline so there is a gap at the beginning of the slide before the audio plays but this makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate's most recent version is 11.5. Not yet 19 but for the confusion, that version (as well as 11.0) is indicated also as CP2019. I never have known Windows 8, only Win7 and Win10? Can you check please?

How did you test? Is this a non-responsive or a responsive project? When you play the audio clip in the Library Preview, is it complete? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources