• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text-to-Speech Voices for Captivate 2017

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and installed Captivate 2017 on my Windows 10 machine. I downloaded Captivate_10_Voices_x64_160 using the link provided in the application. When I attempt to run the Setup, I get this message: "Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." and there is a link to that download. But I can't find Adobe Support Advisor, and other posts suggest it exists no more. Now what? I rely very heavily on text-to-speech. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm on a PC - but I came back here to report that on the third try, after closing all other applications, I was able to run the installation. So never mind .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will mark the thread as Assumed Answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not answered. I am having the same issue right now on a new Windows 10 laptop. Link supplied in the popup window is no help either. I had to search for the Adobe Support Advisor and found that it is also no longer available. I've closed all open apps and tried to install without any success. While installation is not necessary it's nicer than the default voice that comes with Captivate 10. Maybe my install will work in three days too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry the OP succeeded in installing. That is why the thread is marked answered. Feel free to start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Still not fixed. Although this is just day 2 so maybe tomorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources