• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The student insert symbol in the answer.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if it is possible to place a button that when pressed automatically write a symbol in the text box for a short answer. For example, the symbols of Spanish. I do not see an option that allows you to write a symbol automatically. I know that keyboards can be changed to write in another language, but many institutions do not allow the student to configure the computer.javascript:;

ADOBEcaptivate.png

I appreciate the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do this with an advanced action but what you need is someone with better knowledge of JavaScript to write a couple of lines of code that will concatenate your existing variable where the TEB is storing to with the "Å„" character each time someone presses that button.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wilson. Yes, I suppose something like what you say is necessary. I just wanted to know what that code would be and how and where to insert it. I think that not being able to insert special symbols in an answer is one of the limitations of the Captivate program.

I will continue waiting for possible solutions. I appreciate your response.

JCAB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the whole most Adobe applications, not only Captivate, suppose that everyone is using an American keyboard which has a very limited set of character, compared with the keyboards used in other languages (Spanish, French, Dutch, German Russian....)

In Captivate most of the learning interactions do not accept combination characters which I cannot even type in this forum although they are on my keyboard. The good news is that you can use combi characters in TEB's and even in the correct answers.

You are asking for more, I tried the insertion of such a character in the variable associated with the TEB, using the Unicode with the JS String.fromCharCode(); but without success. The concatenation with the present value of the TEB should happen also in JS.  Too little time to explore further, crossing my fingers that someone can offer the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Lily.
Yes, I will continue waiting for a possible solution.

JCAB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources