Theme background disappearing on published version

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate11.5.1.499.  I've selected the dynamic them from the choices of themes delivered with Captivate.  When I preview the slides, everything is fine.  When publishing them, I am sometimes missing the theme background on some of the slides.  It is frequent in the quiz questions section.  For example, I might have 3 multiple choices questions.  The first one will have the theme background, but the next 2 don't have any background.  The 4th question might be a True or False and will have a background. 

Sometimes it is right in the middle of the project (not in the quiz section).  I've had cases where the background was missing.  I don't change anything and re-publish and the background is back.  Any idea why?pb theme backgroung.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, please update to 11.5.5.553, you are not using the most recent version of CP2019.

Maybe you are new to Captivate? There is Theme background. Each slide will use either:

1. Project background
  2. Master Slide background (most used in packaged themes), whether that master slide embeds also Main Master slide objects depends on the theme and the master slide.
  3. Custom background, which can be a solid color, a gradient or an image.

SlideBackground.PNG

I had a look at the theme you are using. The quiz slide you show has exactly the master slide background which is needed for quiz slides. This is a very 'bland' theme. I see only one small image on the Title master slide, all the other master slides are grey/white. That was probably the reason I didn't recognize that theme because I would never use it without some serious editing.

You could have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template

http://blog.lilybiri.com/theme-mysteries

http://blog.lilybiri.com/themes-are-time-savers-what-is-new-in-11-dot-5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand all of the elements of your answer.  I selected the dynamic theme and for every slide I added, I was choosing content 7 because I have many diagrams I was just inserting from Powerpoint to fill most of the slide.  But for the Quiz, I've let Captivate guide me through setting up a quiz .  And it generated the same backgound properties for all quiz questions.  What can I do to resolve the issue of the background not always appearing in my published version? Any options other than updating to the most recent version?Pb Masterslide.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is in those blog posts.

You seem also to be new to Quizzes?

Each theme needs to have at least 6 master slides:

• 4 are dedicated Quiz Master slides. Those slides are completely different from content master slides because they have a lot of embedded objects. Those are objects without an individual timeline, but with a lot of functionality built in. Pretest slides, Knowledge Check slides and Quiz slides always need to use those master slides.
  • 1 Score master slide, bit similar to the quiz slides for embedded objects and included functionality.
  • 1 Blank master slide: which is used for Software sims, Video Demo and PPT import.

It has no sense to post more links, will not lose time with that. Hope this is sufficient at this moment. But learning about Theme, Timeline and Quiz is basic for each CP user.

Conclusioni: if you want more objects on the Quiz slides, you need to edit the theme, more specifically the Quizzing Master slides. Know that all embedded objects are on top of the stack. Whatever custom object you will be adding will be behind them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines