• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time delay waiting for quiz to load

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fairly large Captivate project (around 500 slides), with a final quiz.

When I click to start the assessment there is an excessive time delay before the first question appears.

I have changed the button click setting to a single click, in order to prevent the trainee hitting the button again (whilst they are waiting) but the time delay is consistently long.

Any ideas to improve the speed ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Captivate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change anything to the quizzing master slides? Do you have slide audio on the Quiz slides? Which exact version are you using, as mentioned underHelp, About Captivate? Is this a normal or a responsive project?

It is not the number of slides which is important but the overall file size when published.  Can you check under the Project Info panel?

Are these random questions? I find it very weird that exactly the quiz slides load slowly, they are almost exclusively text based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

2019 Release

It is a normal project and all of the questions are randomly selected from two question banks.

I have opted not to show some of the data on the Quiz results slide but otherwise it is unaltered (I have opted not to show correct or incorrect answers).

The time lag from pressing the button is around 20-26 seconds.

There is no audio on the quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the published file size (In Project Info panel)?

Random questions. Normally not a reason to slow down. No changes, so you have the pausing point at 1,5secs.  Did you try to edit the Success and Last Attempt actions to 'Go to Next Slide' instead of the default 'Continue'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file size is 160Mb and all of the quiz questions are set to “go to next slide”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources